No one can replace what nature has given us; Do NOT cut or damage trees and PLEASE watch your fires.
This is a family campground. Safety is extremely important. Please obey the speed limit at all times. Please respect other campers and DO NOT CUT THRU OTHER CAMPSITES.
Park management reserves the right to refuse entry into or eject from the park any person, adult or minor, deemed as unwilling to abide by all park rules and regulations. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN IF YOU ARE ASKED TO LEAVE OR EJECTED FROM THE PARK FOR MISCONDUCT OR ANY VIOLATION.
- All campers must register immediately upon arrival. Visitor fees apply. All campers and visitors will be required to display a tag in the vehicle at all times. Minors are not permitted in the park without an adult.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH in the part and 10 MPH along the driveway, including the drive in and out to 28th street.
- Check In is 2:00 pm, check out is 1:00 pm. Early check in or late checkout may be available for a fee of $10.00. Please check with management to confirm availability.
- Please contact campground management if special needs are required.
- Must be 21 or older to reserve and occupy a campsite.
- No refunds for a weather-related condition, acts outside our control, early leave, and no-shows. See cancellation rules.
- The campsite is for 2 adults and 4 children. Charge for addition persons apply. Management approval is needed for more than 6 people per site.
- One camping unit allowed per site. One small 2 person tent may be used for children ONLY WITH PRIOR APPROVAL of management. SIZE OF TENT CANNOT EXCEED 4 FT X 6 FT. Sizes larger than this are considered additional camping units by the State of Michigan. We are not licensed for tent or group sites.
- Camping unit must be manufactured with RVIA or RPTIA seal AND be approved by management. All units must be road towable and maintain registration. ALL CAMPERS MUST BE IN GOOD, CLEAN CONDITION. Sorry, no converted vehicles, buses, enclosed trailers, etc.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES. Children should not be unattended after dusk.
- No more than 2 vehicles per campsite. Vehicles may be parked in the overflow areas only. Do NOT park on other campsites.
- Be considerate of other campers! Quiet hours are 10:30 pm to 8:00 am. Noise must be kept to a minimum. Loud noise, other nuisances or abrasive and offensive language and behavior will not be tolerated.
- All minors are to be at their campsites by 10:00 pm.
- Each site is furnished with a picnic table and fire pot. These are to be left at the campsite. Please do not leave garbage in fire pots.
- Garbage and trash must be placed in plastic bags and placed in the dumpster provided. Only campsite refuse is allowed to be put in a dumpster. DO NOT DUMP HAZARDOUS MATERIAL, FURNITURE, GRILLS, APPLIANCES, TIRES, BATTERIES, ETC IN DUMPSTER. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT DUMPING OUTSIDE GARBAGE AND OR LARGE ITEMS (MATTRESSES, ETC) YOU WILL BE CHARGE A FEE OF $75.00 AND MAY BE EVICTED FROM PARK.
- All campers are expected to keep their site clean and picked up of all trash. The campsite must be clean upon departure.
- Disturbances, disorderly conduct and obscene language will NOT be tolerated at any time.
- No one entering or leaving the park after 11:00 pm without special permission.
- When lights come on in the park, all bikes must be put up. No Riding of bikes after this time. No bike riding before dawn. THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN.
- Swim at your own risk – NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. No swimming after dusk. Please read and follow all rules when using the swimming pool. Pool rules are at the entrance of the pool building. CHILDREN UNDER 14 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT. THIS IS A STATE LAW!
- All children must be supervised in restrooms, showers, pool area, by the lake, and on the playground.
- Pets –PICK UP AFTER YOUR PETS! Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and must not be left unattended. Excessive barking will not be tolerated. Any pet creating a disturbance or has a threatening behavior may be removed from the campground at management discretion. Pets are NOT permitted inside any building or in any swimming area. Exotic pets, guard dogs, and aggressive dogs are not allowed. Pets are to be up to date on their shots and have paperwork available upon request. You are responsible and liable if your pet bites anyone. Maximum of 2 pets per site, SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No outside wood. Fires are only permitted in fire pots provided. Do NOT leave a fire unattended and distinguish if not attended. No burning of plastic, trash or hazardous material allowed. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRASH/GARBAGE IN FIRE POTS.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted on your campsite. No glass bottles off your site. Intoxicated and/or disorderly conduct WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- Any use of illegal drugs will be reported to authorities as well as consuming alcoholic beverages by a minor. These actions will also result in immediate removal from the park WITH NO REFUND.
- Use of Medical Marijuana by STATE LAW is PROHIBITED anywhere that is accessible to the public. Though the campground is private property, the LAW RESTRICTS open use in areas where others may come in contact with it publicly; therefore use of Marijuana is STRICTLY LIMITED TO INSIDE YOUR CAMPING UNIT.
- Prior management approval is needed before washing of camping units, vehicles, etc.
- Due to Health Department regulations, all wastewater must be collected in a closed container (including gray water). No wastewater will be allowed to be discharged on the ground. Sewer connections must be sealed.
- Washing of clothes and dishes in the service building sinks or showers. NO WASHING OF PETS INSIDE BATHHOUSE OR LAUNDRY FACILITY.
- Visitor hours are between the hours of 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. Prior approval is needed for more than 4 visitors. Visitors must register and obtain a visitor’s pass, fees will apply. Campers are responsible for their visitors at all times.
- Fishing is permitted in the pond and lake in designated areas. The pond is catch and release. Fishing in the lake follows state rules. ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT IN OR NEAR THE POND AND LAKE AREA. NO SWIMMING IN POND OR LAKE. Pond and lake are off-limits after dark.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS (INCLUDING OPEN CARRY) OR FIREWORKS OF ANY KIND IN THE CAMPGROUND!! This will be cause for immediate removal from the park.
- No generators allowed without prior approval.
- Please respect the woods while on the trails. Do not cut down/break trees. Respect the property boundaries. Do not trespass on others property.
- NO Golf Carts, ORV, UTV, ATV vehicles allowed in the park. Children’s battery operated power wheel are allowed in designated areas only.
- Oak Shores Resort Campground, management or employees cannot be held liable for any damages, vandalism, malicious mischief, act of nature or injury to person, guests or property of person or guests occurring on grounds and premises of the campground.
When signing at the time of arrival you are stating you and all persons in your party have read and understood the above rules and guidelines. By signing, you and all persons in your party have agreed to and fully understand that failure to abide by these guidelines by you or any member of your party can result in immediate eviction with no refund.
These rules and guidelines are subject to change without notice! We reserve the right to correct errors and omissions.